Two of the terms you will surely come across in online gaming are: wagers and stakes.
A Wagers is basically the amount of money placed on bets and it’s most commonly used in online casinos, e.g. wagering requirements of a casino bonus. A stake is frequently used in poker and horse racing bets and it refers to the money risked on a bet or gamble.
To understand how to work out your wagers or stakes, let’s use the following example:
- You have made a $100 deposit into your player account.
- You head to the video slots section and bring £1,000 to play Peggle Slots.
- You place your first bet for £20 and you win £40.
- You now have £70 in credits and have wagered £20. This is because you risked (staked) £20 in your first bet.
- Now you place a second bet, this time for £10 and you win £25.
- You now have £90 in chips and made a profit of £40 so far.
A this point, you have wagered a total of £30 = first bet £20 + second bet £10.
As you can see, the wagered amount is the total amount of money that was staked over this short video slots session.