Online Casinos are legal/illegal depending on where you live. In the UK, Online Casinos, poker rooms and online gambling is absolutely legal as long as they hold a valid gambling licensed by a recognized government; typically from a country that belongs to the European Union.
The below is a transcript of the content on this short video ‘Are Online Casinos Legal?’
- Bridget: Good morning, Officer
- Officer: Hello there. What can I do for you today?
- Bridget: Well you see, I found this amazing website for playing video slots online. It’s called FreeSlotsUK.co.uk but I’m wondering if it is legal to play online for money.
- Officer: Online casinos are legal or illegal depending on where you live. In the UK online casinos and bingo rooms are absolutely legal but they must hold a valid gambling license.
- Bridget: What kind of gambling license should casinos have that would make them safe to play online for money.
- Officer: As I’m sure you noticed, most casinos and bingo rooms featured at Free Slots UK are licensed and regulated either in Gibraltar, Malta and Alderney. These three territories are British overseas territories all Crown Dependencies and they aren’t 100 percent safe and secure for real money wagering. It’s a real heaven on earth!
- Bridget: And what about other countries like Spain or the United States, is online gambling legal in these countries?
- Officer: In Spain, online casinos were not recognized within the law as a legal and regulated activity but it was also not forbidden making it a gray area until recently regulated.
In the USA, online casinos poker rooms and online gambling has been illegal due to the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006 but oh love that is rapidly changing. That being said Delaware and New Jersey’s seem to be the first states in the US to legally offer a full online casino product although the mix will only include poker and slots. Now that you have all the information you may go to Free Slots UK, choose your favourite slot game, play for free all grab the bonus and win real money prizes online.
- Bridget: Thank you very much, Officer. I will most certainly do now that I know my winnings will be safe.
- Officer: Brilliant and don’t forget to sign up to the newsletter to get your exclusive promotional code and get more free money to play. Goodbye and good luck!
You will notice that most of the online casinos and bingo rooms that we recommend at Free Slots UK are licensed and regulated by either the government of Gibraltar (a British Overseas Territory), the government of Malta (again British Overseas Territory) or Alderney (a British Crown dependency). The safest and most popular online casinos around are most certainly licensed and regulated in either one of these three places or better yet, by the UK Gambling Commission.
In other countries, like in Spain, online casinos and online gambling were not recognized within the law as a legal and regulated activity but it was also not forbidden, it remained in this “grey area” until it was recently regulated. Most of the biggest online casinos already offer their games on a fully supported Spanish version.
In USA online casinos, poker rooms and online gambling has been illegal due to the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006. If you live in the US, you will find it almost impossible to make a deposit or withdraw at online casinos and although there may be ways to get around this, it’s not advisable to do so – IT’S AGAINST THE LAW!
That being said, Delaware seems to be the first state of the United States to legally offer a full online casino product although the mix will only include poker and slots at first. Rest assure that we will be bringing you the latest news on this subject. We know our American friends are quite eager to play many of the video slots featured here, so stay tuned.
You should always make sure that online casinos & online gambling is legal in your country before making any deposits to avoid any problems.